Vision and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The Great Oaks Federation
And the Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. Genesis 11:6
Our vision is central to the work of the federation as it guides our decision-making and how we work with all our stakeholders. Our vision is comprised of three core elements:
Our Purpose which makes explicit our ultimate aims,
Our Principles which describes how we deliver our aims,
Our Performance which describes how we measure our success as a federation.
The Great Oaks Federation is a learning organisation. We focus our energies on what we are passionate about, what moves our learners closer to their goals and what matters most to our children & families. We are committed to preparing our children fully for life in the 21st Century and to becoming agile and flexible thinkers who grow to become integrated and influential citizens of the future.
The focus for The Great Oaks Federation is always on:
“Seeing potential, making the difference & changing lives.”
This applies to all those we work with; children, families, our own staff and those of other organisations. We pride ourselves on being agents for positive change.
In order to achieve and live our vision on a daily basis we ensure our work is based around five key principles that shape our activity, structure our interactions and focus our thinking. These principles underpin “how” we deliver our ambitions for all those involved in the federation.
- We champion by supporting, mentoring, coaching & leading others and by demonstrating our belief and faith in them.
- We create opportunities by meeting need, extending & encouraging talent and by widening experiences.
- We challenge everyone to master new skills, to be effective problem-solvers & to continually seek to improve in all that they do.
- We offer choices to encourage independence & ownership, to inspire curiosity & to develop evaluative thinking.
- We celebrate by acknowledging success & progress, offering rewards & valuing effort.
Our principles also guide our work with Federation staff as we seek to become the employer of choice and empower our staff to do their best. We recognise they are our greatest asset. We will choose them wisely, invest in them fully giving them time and autonomy to innovate, create and achieve. Everyone matters, we are all partners in our success and as partners we expect our staff to give our learners, their families and each other all that they can.
We are ambitious and unrelenting in our pursuit of excellence. We will try new things, learn from our mistakes and measure the impact of all that we do. Meeting our purpose of “Seeing potential, making the difference & changing lives” is a never-ending process. “Good enough” never is.
At the Great Oaks Federation we know we have been successful if our pupils, families and staff:
- Understand moral purpose, how to do the right thing and have confidence to ‘be themselves’.
- Take collective responsibility for children & adults within and beyond our own schools.
- Recognise how to be happy and healthy, and have the skills to protect both their mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Are adaptable and resilient in their learning, relationships and the world of work, ensuring that they have the moral compass to develop and adhere to their own strong values.
- Love learning and have the skills to achieve academic success and the passion to become and remain lifelong learners.
- Understand how to be safe, secure and successful both physically and online, in all their relationships throughout life.
- Recognise opportunity and build a culture of hope through our interactions and relationships.
- Know how to collaborate, innovate and connect with others to improve their own learning and that of other people.